What a happy boy! Dylan is such a sweetheart at 6 months (almost 7 months). He has great smiles and is so quick to let out his giggles. Now if we could only get him to sleep . . .
Dylan was 15 lbs 15 oz and 26.5 inches long at his doctor's appointment. His chubby legs are misleading because that only puts him in 10-25% for weight and 25-50% for height.
Happy boy!
Getting so close to moving!
At 6 months, Dylan:
- has started verbalizing "mamamama" and "bopbopbop." He's also started blowing raspberries and that's often what John and I wake up to in the morning.
- sprouted tooth #1 and #2 on the bottom. Tooth #1 is quite a bit further developed than #2 which makes him have a cute little pumpkin face!
- can sit by himself for long periods of time and can also intentionally get down on his belly without just falling over.
- seems to be close to crawling, but we're not in any hurry. He still "swims" a lot and pushes backwards more.
- rolls to where ever he wants to go. He's gotten quite proficient at rolling around to get the toy he wants.
- still loves to bounce and jump and stand up. Maybe he'll skip crawling and go straight to walking . . . I hope not!
- still doesn't sleep through the night. At most, I think I've gotten 4.5 hours of straight sleep in the last 6 months. (I say "I" and not "we" because John often gets to sleep through the feedings. I wish I could sleep like a ton of bricks too).
- isn't too much of a fan of eating baby food. He definitely has his favorites ~ bananas, pears, apples, sweet potatoes. Other vegetables and baby cereal are not among the favs.
- is so smiley. He is quick to return smiles to anyone, although he has developed a STRONG preference for Mommy.
- has had his first ear infection. Hopefully it won't develop into a chronic problem.
- is happier with less clothes. Too bad it's so cold out!
John made the comment tonight that although Dylan isn't a teeny baby anymore, he's so much more fun now that he interacts with us. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about his cute little toothless grin. Although some days seem really long (like when he isn't sleeping), someday we'll look back and think how fast it all went.
No comments:
Post a Comment