Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dylan turns 2!

 I can't believe my baby is already two!  John has been asking him all week, "How old are you, Dylan?" and Dylan responds, "Orange."  Although now that the party is over his response is "Pink." 

We had a pretty low key day leading up to his party in the afternoon with Mickey Mouse waffles for breakfast, an early birthday gift and some playtime outside while Mommy prepared for the small party inside.  After three years of parties with all the kids' friends, we tried to keep this one just family.  I thought it would be less stress, but I still wanted the food, decor and party just perfect for Dylan on his golden birthday.



Dylan requested an orange Monster cake for his monster themed bash.  I tried my best to deliverwhile making it allergen free (nut free, egg free and dairy free).  The inside was rainbow colored to match his monster decor, but I didn't get any pictures of the inside.


John's major contribution to the party (other than all the help he gave me) was a Melon Monster!  It was a definite hit!  I was pretty proud of myself - We had a tasty dinner and plenty of snacks, all made so that Dylan could enjoy them too (except for the cheeseburgers). 


Happy Birthday, Dyllie Monster!

At two years old, Dylan's personality is really coming to life!  I couldn't ask for a sweeter, sillier, happy little boy.  While he is so polite (always says "Thank you" and "Excuse Me"), he is definitely all boy.  He loves to play with trucks, cars, trains, climbing and get dirty in the sandbox, and seems to have a new bump or bruise every week.  And watch out for his hugs.  He likes to get a running start!  He wants to do everything his big sister is doing, even if that means playing with her dolls or dressing up like a princess.  They're even starting to play well together, which seems like a huge miracle considering how they were with each other just a couple months ago.  He is still Mommy's little man and likes to be held by me a lot and still has lots of snuggles, hugs and kisses just for mommy. 

Dylan's vocabulary, while not quite as fluent as his sister at two, is quite large.  It's funny listening to him figure out how to string his words together.  There's always a slight pause when he's addressing someone.  For example, "Excuse me (pause), Mommy."  We love how he says "Come on."  Sounds more like "Dum on."  And he's very big on figuring out ownership ("Daddy's beer."  "Mommy's coffee." "Reaggie's bike." "Mine's moymilk.") 

We are so lucky to have him as our little boy!  We love you, Dylan!

No comments: