As Dylan is getting older, I'm learning just how much of his dad he has in him! Not only are they identical in appearance, it's like they are one person.
Just this weekend we heard stories about how John would take someone by the hand to come with him, even if they had just met. Dylan does this quite often!
And I'm pretty sure if PaPa Mac and Grandma Mary saw Dylan riding his bike back and forth down the sloped driveways STANDING on the pedals, that would bring back memories for them! I remember one Hot Wheels story that sounded quite similar ~ something about John racing down a hill as fast as he could.
Also seems that Dylan has John's frugal side as well. For instance, I'm trying to update some of the decor in our house. So as Dylan and I are browsing through Target one day, I decided I wanted to look at table lamps. Here's how the conversation went (because with Dylan, there is always conversation!):
Dylan: What are you doing, Mama?
Me: I'm looking at lamps.
Dylan: But you already have a lamp.
Me: I know, Dylan, but I'm looking to see if I would like a new one.
Dylan: But you already have a lamp, Mama.
Different day, same conversation except we are looking at purses. Oh, you will have so much to learn about women, sweet boy!
UPDATE: More ways Dylan resembles John. He woke up crying from his nap after hearing the association's lawn company mowing and cried "My beautiful lawn!" He's taken quite a liking to his toy lawn mower and is very precise in "mowing" our lawn!
UPDATE: More ways Dylan resembles John. He woke up crying from his nap after hearing the association's lawn company mowing and cried "My beautiful lawn!" He's taken quite a liking to his toy lawn mower and is very precise in "mowing" our lawn!
But I do have to say, if Dylan were to take after anyone, John is the best choice! There is a good reason I married him after all! Love my husband and my sweet boy (despite their inability to understand a woman's need for purses!)
1 comment:
Hilarious! Love those stories! What cute kids you have! :)
Post a Comment