Sunday, March 16, 2008

Big Girl Day

When we woke up this morning, I swear Reagan grew overnight! We pulled out the tape measure to see, but she was still only 24 inches. Maybe she just got a little sturdier. In honor of her "growth spurt," we decided to try some big girl things today.

First, we pulled out our big girl khakis from our 3-6 month drawer. I'd been pulling a few things out of there in the last month, but most of it was still huge! Now she's getting big enough to wear it all, even if we have to roll the pants a bit.

Then we decided to go for a walk. Instead of using her snowsuit which is a pain to get her into, we decided to just put on a coat. Reagan has two pink coats - a pink raincoat for up to 6 months and a pink winter coat for next winter (size 12 months). I didn't realize I needed to specify which coat to John, but he put on her winter coat for next year instead of the one that fits now. So she got to wear her big girl coat for the walk. We didn't have mittens for her though, so it was nice to have the long sleeves covering her hands. We had to be careful to grab her and not just the coat or else she would have slipped right out!

Also, we thought we'd try out the big girl seat of the stroller instead of using her car seat. It worked well enough once we loosened the straps to fit around her huge coat, but the shade didn't keep the sun out of her eyes very well. I think she had fun though. We leaned the seat all the way back and she was asleep in less than a minute!

No comments: