Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all the moms and moms to be reading this! I know I have no right to complain since I don't work on Fridays, but the weekends still seem to slip away so fast.
On Saturday, we drove to Madelia to visit my grandmother and we were all pleasantly surprised to see that she was doing much better on her new medication. It was like having the grandma that I remember back.

Four generations of Moms (I assume Reagan will be a mom eventually).
Sunday was a wonderful, relaxing family day. It started with breakfast in bed, some snuggling with my adorable little girl and Caribou coffee.

I got my first of many (I hope) handmade cards from my little girl.


I used my leverage to have John get a few things done around the house. On Friday, I had the bright idea to change things up in our living room. We moved the chaise lounge to the other side of the couch which gave us a lot more playroom for Reagan.

Our second chore was to install a gate at the top of the stairs. The gate is annoying to have to open all the time, especially when your hands are full. However, today we had some arm movement to go along with the feet and Reagan moved about 8 inches forward. If learning to sit is any indication of how fast she'll learn to crawl, she'll have it down by the end of the week.

No comments: