Reagan started preschool today! It was bittersweet to drop her off this morning. John and I both think it will be beneficial for her to have some time socializing with other kids and adults and to have time out of the house, especially as the weather gets colder. I was sad because she is still very young, but it was also nice to have some time with the little man and run errands without chasing her too.
I definitely missed her this morning, but its only 3 hours, two days a week, so we will have all day together again tomorrow. It will be harder once I'm back to work and will barely see her on Tuesdays too, but I keep reminding myself that most people I know see their kids even less during the week because of work and daycare, so I'm lucky that I have the time that I do with them.
Drop off went well ~ A kiss and "Bye bye Mama" and she went right to playing in the pretend kitchen. I watched from the one way window outside the classroom and she just did her thing. When I returned though, she was crying for me quite hard. I was told it just started as the other mothers came to pick up their kids and I'm sure it did. I think it had more to do with the approaching naptime more than anything.
Here are her "first day of school" pictures. It's not easy to get an almost 2 year old to stand by the door for very long, let alone smile, so this is all I got. You can see in the pictures she was already looking tired before we even left.
She looks so old wearing her "pack-pack."

No comments:
Post a Comment