Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dylan - 7 Months

It was a little trickier to get Dylan's 7 month shots this week . . .

Planning the escape route . . .
Hey! Where'd you go?

Oops! Upside down.

I found the sign!!! Yummy!
Mooommmmm! If you take this picture and then I'm going to take off my diaper.



Smiley Boy

Showing off two bottom teeth


Showing off some muscles
So since I wrote the 6 month post so late in the month, everything is pretty much the same. However, he did acquire some new skills in the past couple weeks:
  • Dylan has begun to move forward! It's not a crawl or even an army crawl. The best way to describe it would be sort of like an inchworm. I'll post the video later.
  • When he's not moving forward, Dylan is rolling around like a mad man. It doesn't take him long to get across the room.
  • Dylan's started to stick his little tongue out, but everytime I try to get a picture of it he starts to smile. It didn't take him long to catch on to the whole picture taking thing.
  • I don't remember if I mentioned his two bottom teeth in an earlier post, but they are both there. I'm hoping that he will just have the bottom ones for a while.
  • Dylan reaches for EVERYTHING!!! If it's not a toy, he wants it and it goes directly in the mouth. The reaching is what inspired the moving forward.
  • Still naps in my arms when I'm home (except today!!!) and has been sleeping for 3.5-4 hour stretches at night.
  • We're pretty sure Dylan has McCarthy family proportions. My little guy is wearing 6-12 month tops (long torso) and 3-6 month pants (short legs). (Even though John is 6+ inches taller than me, we have the same inseam).
  • Still is a mama's boy and is quite persistent when he wants me to hold him. He's begun to reach his arms up when I walk by and will even crawl into my lap and throw his arms up for me to hold him.

It was another good month with our little man. I can't believe he's closer to one now than he is to being a newborn :( Oh well, I guess that means summer will be here before we know it!? Hard to imagine on this snowy February day!

No comments: