Friday, February 12, 2010

Stories

Okay, just two cute stories before I forget about them. They are probably more funny to me, than to anyone else, but I want to have them written down for posterity.
Its been fun now that talking with Reagan is turning more conversational and less her declaring her immediate needs (although I would say that is still 75% of her talking). Here is one of the funny conversations we had as we were snuggling before she went to bed.
Story #1
To set up the scene, we were lying in her bed and she was playing with my hair. Reagan has been getting her hair cut at Pigtails & Crewcuts which has "transportation" chairs for the kids to sit in during their haircut.

Reagan: Mama, you need a haircut.
Mommy: You're right, I do need a haircut.
Long pause. I assume she was thinking.
Reagan: Do you want to sit in the taxi or the fire engine?
Mommy: I would like to sit in the fire engine because it has a bell.
Thinking again.
Reagan: Don'cha want to sit in the airplane?

Haha. To think that I would be able to fit in those little bitty kid chair! What a sight that would be! Anyway, it's funny to me that she thinks I also sit in the fun chairs when I get my haircut.
Story #2
Today we went to the library and checked out some kid books for Reagan. One of the books we checked out was the Paper Bag Princess, which features a princess who outsmarts a dragon to save the prince and then dumps him. Anyway, the important part is the dragon. Reagan and I read the story together and then Reagan wanted to look at the pictures. As I was in the kitchen, I heard her exclaim "The Reagan! Just like me! That's me, Mama!" I don't know if it's how I say "dragon" or "Reagan," but she thinks it's her and we now refer to the book as "The Reagan" book.

Anyway, I just thought they were cute and I want to remember these cute moments later on when she won't talk to me as a teenager.