Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dylan - 11 Months



I know I forgot to do Dylan's 10 month update, so I thought I better do 11 months before he turns a year in just a little over 3 weeks! It's incredible how fast this year has gone and how much Dylan has grown and changed and made our family more complete.

At 11 months, Dylan is:

WALKING! On Friday, June 4th he decided that his preferred mode of transportation was walking rather than crawling. He always attempts to get as far as he can walking, but will usually fall somewhere along the way and then continue crawling the rest of the way. In addition to walking on his own, he still loves to push his ride on toys, stollers, anything with wheels along the floor.

According to John and I, Dylan has said his first word "Ball." It's amazing how much of a boy he is. I don't remember Reagan throwing a ball or zooming cars along the ground quite as much as Dylan does. But maybe it's because he sees her do it too?



He is one hungry boy! We have a hard time taking him to the grocery store because he wants to eat everything we put in our cart immediately. His favorites are still Cheerios, bananas, yogurt and a recent addition, watermelon, but he is expanding his tastes and will eat other things as well.



Finally, he is sleeping through the night. Sunday, May 16th was the first night at 10.5 months, thank goodness! And he's kept it up for the majority of last few weeks, which is really great considering . . .



He's been getting all four of his lateral teeth in the last couple weeks. The two on the bottom are in already and the top two are on their way, if not just through his gums. I would say he has a total of 6 teeth.



His communication skills are improving. Although we still get our fair share of screaming because he wants something, Dylan did just figure out how to point which has helped tremendously in the last couple of days.



Dylan's greeting ritual goes as follows: If John or I am holding him, Dylan will reach for whoever is new on the scene (usually women over men), snuggle up and pat their back a little, and then reaches to go back to mama.



Unfortunately for Reagan, he follows Reagan everywhere and wants to be and do exactly what she is doing. This has resulted in some "incidents." The most recent left bite marks that broke the skin through a onesie!



Dylan figured out how to climb the stairs in the last month, shortly before he took his first steps. Now he goes up like a pro and is starting to turn it into a game.



He loves to splash in the water. Dylan loves the water table that we've been able to use a few times this spring and John usually ends up pretty wet after bath time. Unfortunately, this also means that I've caught Dylan splashing in the toilet a couple of times too.

Overall, D is such a sweet boy. We get so many compliments on how friendly, flirty and smiley he is. While the (almost) year has flown by, it's hard to believe our family ever existed without him in it.

No comments: