General Mills has hosted an annual 5K run for the last 7 years. I think John and I have only missed two of those years (I even ran when I was pregnant with Reagan). It is always a fun time and definitely a family friendly event. They have the General Mills characters, inflatable bounce houses and clowns making balloon animals. That was the highlight this year!
Reagan with Rusty
Dylan with his "flying" turtle balloon
We were lucky with the weather because there was rain forecast. Then, I didn't bring my camera last year, so wanted to make sure I did this year. I was bummed when I found it wasn't in the camera bag that I grabbed it running out the door.
For John and I, this race is nice because jogging strollers are allowed. I'm pleased to say that I think John was the first person to cross the finish line with a jogging stroller and I was the second!
After the adult race, the kids can race in their age group. Since Reagan's new hobby is "jogging" she was really excited about the Cheerios race. The kids both ran in the under 4 race and received ribbons at the finish line.
Smiling at the start line!
Dylan crossing the finish line with his ribbon!

No comments:
Post a Comment