Monday, December 29, 2008

The Blog Gets a Name Change

As you can see when you open up the blog, we've done a little redesign to make room for baby #2! At 14 weeks along, we decided it was time to update the blog and let our blogstalkers in on our big surprise! Baby McCarthy #2 is due to make an appearance 6 months from today and we couldn't be more excited!


Not too much news going on with Baby #2. I haven't been sick, only very tired, but I sometimes think that had more to do with a teething 1 year old than with the pregnancy. My pants are growing tighter by the day and unlike my last pregnancy when I wanted to start wearing maternity clothes as soon as possible, this time I'm refusing until I absolutely can't fit into normal clothes anymore!


We've had two ultrasounds of Baby #2 since finding out about our expected arrival. The first in November and then again last week. Interestingly, John and I both said (independent of each other I might add) from the beginning that we thought June 28th was the day, but the first due date we were given was July 2nd. Still, John and I thought June 28th. At last week's ultrasound, the baby measured at a June 28th due date! Just like with Reagan's due date which was 11/11/07, I'm already tired of people commenting on the gimicky due date and possibility of a July 4th birth, so John and I are saying June 28th is now d-day. June 28th also happens to be my Auntie Phyllis' birthday which makes it even more special for us to have that as our due date.
Here are some of the images from last week's ultrasound. I'm always amazed at how much you can see. Baby #2 did make John and I quite nervous that our already active little girl is going to be joined by an already active new baby. This little one didn't stop moving the entire ultrasound.


This picture is a little scary. It's the baby looking straight at us.

I thought this one looked a little bit like Reagan's 20 week ultrasound already. We'll see in 6 months how much they look alike. I'm pulling for brown eyes this time!


Here's the baby from head to toe.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, congratulations on baby #2! I read your blog sometimes (from Sarah Carey's) and that is so wonderful! I hope you have a great New Year!

Shannon Caswell (Rooney)

John and Jill said...

congrats! welcome to the wonderful world of expecting baby 2! crazy, right?! so fun and i'll look forward to hearing more!