Our first Christmas activity was to celebrate Christmas with the Lehmans. Since Hanukkah had not begun yet, we decided to share some of our traditions with our great friends. We brought over a little tree, lights, ornaments and some presents. It wasn't anything fancy, we had pizza delivered, but Christmas rules still applied - all the post-dinner clean up had to be complete before any gifts could be opened.
One Tuesday, we went down to Madelia to celebrate Christmas with "Grandma Great" Etter. She was in great spirits and it was good to spend time with her, and a few aunts and cousins that stopped by.
On Christmas Eve, we spent the evening at Jim and Jan's house (along with Uncle Frank, Auntie Phyllis, Carrie and Mark. We had a great evening. In an effort to actually take advantage of digital photo technologies, we let Jan take the photos with a promise that she'd email them to us. We don't have any for the blog just yet.
When we got home, we had to put a treat out for Santa Claus. In an effort to make our house a memorable stop for Santa (and possibly bribe him to leave great gifts for Reagan), we set out a beer and pretzels along with a note that read: "Dear Santa, I know all the other kids leave out cookies and milk for you. All that sugar and lactose will probably upset your tummy, so I thought you might enjoy the beer and pretzels. Love, Reagan." Reagan was surprisingly happy for getting woken up after a few hours of sleep and then making the trek home.
On Christmas Morning, Reagan was really excited to get to the gifts.
Here is her favorite present (currently). A Dirt Devil Junior vacuum. Lindsay and I were hoping that it actually worked. It doesn't. I guess we shouldn't have expected too much for $15. Nonetheless, it has already provided several hours of entertainment.
More gift opening. Reagan got a "Cookies for Santa" plate from Papa and Grandma. I know for sure that we'll have to put out an explanatory note for Santa again next year.
After the gift opening extravaganza, I made Christmas pancakes. Here are two of my better efforts - a wreath and a snow man. I tried a few Christmas trees but the didn't quite turn out as good as I imagined. Next year, I'll have to try to add a gingerbread man to my repertoire.
Reagan enjoyed them. I don't think she even noticed that they were shaped or colored.
Then, we returned to enjoy (1) new toys and (2) a nap. Guess who enjoyed which one...
No comments:
Post a Comment