This weekend was full of firsts for Reagan, John and I. This was the first time I've had to take care of a 1 year old and a sick husband (it is not fun or easy I have to say). This was the first time John has had the flu since I've known him. This was also a weekend that we discovered a lot of Reagan's firsts.
On Friday, Reagan went potty in the bathroom for the first time. No, not in the toilet, but on the bathroom rug. And it was #2, thank you very much! I guess that's what I get for waiting too long to put a diaper on her after a shower. At that point I was just grateful that she chose the rug and not the carpet. At least the rug will go in the washing machine. That was right before the sick husband came home, so my day only got better!
And, on a happier note, John and I are now confident that Reagan's first word is "DaDa." She thought it was so funny, as John was sleeping in bed to run into the room, point at him and go "Dada." As sad as I am that her first word isn't MaMa, I'm glad we got anything out of her besides babble. At her 1 year appointment (almost two months ago at this point), the doctor said they would like a 1 year old to use MaMa and DaDa correctly. He wasn't too concerned at that point considering her motor skills, but I was a little afraid that he would be concerned by her 15 month appointment.
With all my friends having babies lately, I'm definitely back in baby mode and can't wait to hold our little one in June. More than once this weekend I found myself thinking "When, exactly, did Reagan grew up so much?" I barely remember those baby days. I do love the stage that Reagan is in right now and love her curiosity. I can't wait to take her outside this spring and really start to explore with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment