Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lake Calhoun

Every summer, thousands of Minnesotans head to Lake Calhoun to enjoy the sun. My friend Deb and I took advantage of one of the first nice days in Minnesota to take our daughters for a walk around Lake Calhoun today. Deb's daughter, Jaden wanted to ride her bike. Let's just say our 1 hour walk lasted quite a bit longer than 1 hour. For a 4 and 1/2 year old, Jaden is quite good at biking, but 3 miles around the lake will wear out even those much older than that. For two people who want to walk quickly around a lake for exercise, I don't recommend letting the 4 and 1/2 year old bike with you.
Reagan with the lake and city of Minneapolis in the background.

Deb and Jaden way ahead of Reagan and I. This was one of the few times Jaden actually went ahead of us. I ended up finishing our walk around the lake to get the car and then to pick up Deb, Jaden and the bike.

No comments: