Sunday, October 9, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Sunday was a big day at the McCarthy house.  Not only did we take down the baby gate after 3 and a half years with a gate at the top of our stairs, but we removed the crib side and added the toddler rail to Dylan's bed.  Dylan loved to "snuggle" in Reagan's bed (by that I mean lie down, then get back up and make a lap around the room, then repeat).  We next tried to "snuggle" with him in his crib (and by this I mean John or I scrunch up to lie in his crib while he jumps in the bed next to us).  After learning that he was the only one still in a crib in his ECFE class, I thought we could give the toddler rail a try.  So far, so good.  No more climbing over the rails for John and I and Dylan's been pretty good about staying in bed. 


Apparently a big boy bed also comes with a pillow because he spent an hour of the first night trying to remove Reagan's pillow from under her head.  Once we pulled one out just for him, he was all set and fell right asleep.


Not sure how he got turned around but I got a better picture of his sweet sleeping face.

No comments: