Saturday, October 1, 2011

Twin Cities Marathon Family Day and 10 Mile

Reagan loves to "jog" so much that I thought it would be fun to sign both the kids up for the TC Family Day Toddler Trot outside the state capital before the Marathon and 10 Mile race the next day.  We were lucky to have John's parents in town so they could join us for the festivities.

Both kids ready to go with their race numbers on! 


They had a number of events before we finally got to the Toddler Trot (the last event of the morning).  First was the TC 10K, then the 5K, and then a 1/2 Mile family run.  Next up was the Harry and Shelly Mascot Invitational and who should be there, but none other than Petey the Pee Cup!! 


Reagan was so excited to cheer on her favorite pee cup! Go, Petey!

Next they did a Diaper Dash that had crawling babies crawl from an inner circle to their parents on the outer circle.  That seemed like more trouble than it was worth for the parents.


Finally, it was time for the Toddler Trot.  They divided the kids by age group and then had a couple waves of each.  We waited through the 1 year old group and then it was Dylan's turn. 


He really was in no mood to run, so he held my hand as I dragged him along.  Towards the finish line he started having a little more fun. 

Each child received a medal and a t-shirt which I thought was really nice!



Reagan burst off from the start line with a huge smile on her face!  She couldn't wait to run and get her own medal.




 
John and I ran in the TC 10 Mile the next day.  We were hoping the kids would cheer us on along the course, but they were too tired from waking up early with us.  Again, John and I beat our goal time by a good amount.  We both crossed the finish line at 1 hr. 18 min (John got back his 30 seconds that he lost to me at the Madison Half Marathon and beat me this time), which was a sub-8 minute mile pace, the fastest I have ever run a race!

No comments: