Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I think I prefer Halloween to be on the weekends, because it was chaotic trying to get out the door on a Monday night!  Since the kids were already at Nana and Papa's, we decided to just get them ready there. 




We made our annual stop at the Lehman household to see the zombie bride, Jaden. 


With Lala and Jadie.


Next we met Reagan's BFF, Ani at her grandma's house to do some trick or treating.  Ani was the perfect companion for trick or treating because she was happy to lead the way to the doors.



At first, Reagan couldn't believe that people were just giving them candy.  I was so proud of her that night because at one point, someone gave her M&M's and she knew she couldn't have them, so she gave them back!!  At quite a few houses, she even turned around to ask me if she could have a certain candy.


Since we knew the kids wouldn't be able to keep the majority of their candy, we made plans for the Great Pumpkin to visit on Halloween night to deliver safe treats and some presents. When we got home from trick or treating, John and I helped the kids divide their candy into safe and unsafe piles.  Surprisingly, the kids were able to keep quite a bit more candy than I expected! 

I was so proud of how willingly Reagan gave up her yummy candy for the Great Pumpkin.  She is starting to really get that she needs to be careful because of her peanut allergy.

No comments: